Since I fancy myself a pundit of games, it's that time of year to make predictions. "You're a pundit?!" you might exclaim? Well, I said I fancy myself a pundit. But since everyone else who's worked in the gaming industry seems to be doing it, I'll sheeple along and make my predictions:
1. BIizzard still dominates the MMO market
This is a gimme. Need I say more?
2. NetDevil's Jumpgate Evolution makes space MMO's cool again.
JGE, fueled by a lot of word of mouth and a heroic last minute marketing blitz, takes off like a...well.. spaceship. Sadly, while the game is sound, after the newness wears off, players will be sucked back into the WoW blackhole.
3. SOE will close Everquest.
I know, I'm a heretic for even suggesting it. But, with the economy the continueing into it's downward spiral, SOE will close down EQ to focus on EQ2.
4. Warhammer 40k announces it's website, complete with trailers, screen shots and concept art. Then vanishes.
Damn you economy!
5. EA will actually have an original ground breaking game idea this year.
Even blind pigs find an acorn once in a while.